CALL FOR ART
Orchards at Orenco III
PROJECT BACKGROUND AND DESCRIPTION:
We are now accepting submissions for commissioned art and print-quality images for Orchards at Orenco III located in Hillsboro, Oregon at Orenco Station. Selected art will be purchased and added to the permanent collection of Orchards at Orenco.
All Pacific Northwest artists are invited to submit and Hillsboro artists are especially encouraged.
Orchards at Orenco III is the third in a three-phase project that will total 167 units of affordable workforce housing. The project will be built to meet Earth Advantage certification, will have 165 solar panels on the roof and is focused as family housing. There will be several large mature trees on site as well as community gardens, a playground, a basketball hoop, an electric vehicle charging station, a large community room and a plaza.
Orchards at Orenco will provide a convenient location and beautiful, affordable homes. The property is located in a transit-oriented area with direct access to the MAX light rail. In addition, Orchards at Orenco will include artwork that reflects the diverse and vibrant community and afford the tenants a bright and welcoming new home.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
· Up to 10 images and a link to your website or previous, relevant work
· A current resume or CV
· Location is approximately 16’, Art size TBD
· Retail budget not to exceed $2,000.00 Including delivery, installation & 40% broker commission.
Our retail pricing works as follows:
Retail Price = Artist Net (60%, includes delivery) + Broker Fee (40%)
To calculate Retail Price: Divide Artist Net by .6
For inspiration of relevant imagery please consider:
· Vibrant, pleasing imagery that expands variety and interest
· Quirky, whimsical pieces that remain tasteful
· Possible influences may include, but are not limited to: Orenco Historic Railway, Orenco’s Agricultural History, Tree Nursery, Orchards, City of Orenco, Hillsboro, local indigenous people
· Passive House (link above) imagery could refer to heat, sun, light, glass, thermal mass
· Works incorporating recycled or reclaimed materials accepted.
· Reflect the values of the client:
All photos, paintings and other works of art must be original and the submitting artists must have all rights to the images.
Submissions will be accepted through May 18, 2018
Finalists will be selected and notified by June 1, 2018
Installation will take place in August 2018,
For questions please see our Frequently Asked Questions page and then email us at email@example.com.